Friday, November 29, 2013

See You at Harry's ( 310 Pages)

Katie, a former student, current friend and YA book junkie, like me, suggested this book to me. Aside from the fact that it hit very close to home and left me weak with tears, it is an incredible read. Author Jo Knowles has written a wonderful book that deals with so many of the issues that arise with the unexpected death of a child. What kept me reading is the fact that all of the emotions and "issues" that a young teen experiences are so real. And this is true of her parents and siblings. Then, just about the time they all hit bottom, they begin to surface realizing that it is OK to be happy, it is OK to live life as fully as possible. And I was able to see everything clearly. Time does heal. Your students will love this book (especially girl students- boys may see it as a "chick flick book".

No comments:

Post a Comment