Tuesday, January 28, 2014

far far away ( 369 Pages)

Tom McNeal is another new YA author to me. I actually fought with the reading of this book, because in the first few pages the reader is introduced to a ghost. I don't do ghosts. I don't do vampires. Sorry, guys. But there was something about this ghost (named Jacob), and I fell in love with him. By the end of the book,  I found myself in tears- not the things one wants to do just before going to sleep. No body present to hear my snores...But I digress. Jeremy Johnson Johnson is the main character along with ghost Jacob. Also Jeremy's school mate, Ginger to become his girl friend as the plot thickens, is an absolute hoot. She is part tomboy, part tease, and is absolutely delightful. The two teens get into some trouble, and as the plot continues, it unfolds and an unbelievable mystery develops. I found myself holding my breath as well as my seat. This is a terrific read. I was very aware of the language(s) used throughout and found myself thinking this author speaks the way people really speak.  Your students will adore it and so will you.

1 comment:

  1. Just got it, Lynn. Will start next week (I'm reading Period 8 :) )

    ReplyDelete