Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Kindness for Weakness (261 Pages)

I don't know which emotion to state as I put down this book. Anger, certainly. Frustration, certainly. Sadness, yes, that too. But Shawn Goodman has written an important book about a code that I know for a fact is prevalent with boys today. I've seen it in upscale communities; I've seen it in urban communities. Why do boys seem to believe that being kind to someone is a sign of weakness? I am SO sick of the expression "man up"- whatever that means. In this very important book that touches on themes of family, abuse, loyalty, acceptance, friendship, and the unfair truth of our judicial system. Everyone should read this book. I believe you will feel a caring and hopeful truth for James. He is quite a wonderful character. READ THIS BOOK, and then tell me what YOU think.

No comments:

Post a Comment