Wednesday, December 31, 2014

I'll Give You The Sun ( 371 Pages)

This is the first book I've read by Jandy Nelson. It won't be the last. This book made me laugh and made me cry. It's a coming of age book of twin- a brother and a sister. There are twists and turns that make the reading speed up- just when I wanted to have it slow down. There are books that I just want to keep reading; like then what happens to "them"? Noah is an artist. His sister,  Jude is an athlete. Noah doesn't think his Dad likes him. Jude doesn't get along with her Mom. While the twins have always been close, suddenly they are not only not close, they hate each other. What happened and how do they become a unit once again? This is the road the reader travels. Noah realizes that he is gay, and he falls in love with a guy who is home  only when prep school lets him out. Jude has several relationships- some wonderful, some horrible. There is sex in this book, much of it in Noah's mind and Jude's mind as well. But this is an important read, and I believe it sets the bar for other authors. I'd LOVE to hear from some of you about your reactions to this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment