Sunday, December 6, 2015

Cinder (387 Pages)

My friend, Katie, wanted me to read this ages ago, but I hesitated. I don't know why. This is a great read. I want to read the sequel. This novel is a take on the old Cinderella story we all grew up knowing, but with a twist. There is a mean step mother, and two step sisters (only one of them is mean). There is no fairy godmother, no pumpkin, no mice etc. BUT, there is a prince. Cinder is a cyborg, she has an android, she is a very accomplished mechanic. The prince is told she's the best mechanic in the country and brings his broken android to her to fix. And so they meet....Suddenly, Cinder finds herself swept into an inter-galactic struggle involving impossible attraction. She is faced with everything that makes this such a good read: loyalty, duty, freedom, and betrayal. It's a very good read!

No comments:

Post a Comment