Tuesday, January 15, 2013

the realm of possibilities (210 Pages)

David Levithan has written a terrific book for YA readers. In the realm of possibilities characters come alive as they seem to represent all of the possible roles, worries, loves, interests, and concerns of high school students today. The book is written in free verse, each poem being the voice of a particular student. There is the voice of the "jock", the voice of the student who is coming out of the closet, but my very favorite "The Patron Saint of Stoners" made me cry. It is a wonderful poem that covers, love, loyalty, and the understanding of a person's character by one teen about another. If this is the only poem you read, I urge you to read it. The poem is on page 127 in my paper back copy. I won't say another word about it, because I don't want to give anything away!

No comments:

Post a Comment