Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Dark Endeavor (298 Pages)

Kenneth Oppel has written this prequel to Mary Shelly's Frankenstein. It is subtitled "The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein". I was so interested to read about the wealth of the Frankenstein family as well as the relationships of family members and the unusual, somewhat progressive thinking of the parents. Also, I needed to keep reminding myself that medical treatment in the 19th century, was not what it is today. We take so much for granted in terms of medicine where as they were still using leeches to bleed patients of sicknesses!  The book is filled with exciting escapades as Victor, Cousin Elizabeth, and friend Henry attempt to find a cure for Victor's twin brother, Konrad. It is an exciting read ending with Victor's statement, "I promised that I would see my brother again- even if it meant unlocking every secret law of this earth, to bring him back." The book is called Book I, which promises a future read.

No comments:

Post a Comment