Monday, December 10, 2012

Shelter (304 Pages)

OK, so without input from you guys, I'd probably continue along life's path sublimely making mistakes and never knowing what I'd done. Friend and former student, Katie, informed me that I'd read Harlan Coben's book Seconds Away before reading the book that came first in what is bound to be a wonderful series. Shelter is the book that introduces the reader to Mickey Bolitar and his friends. It sets up the background information for Seconds Away. This book will be enjoyed by both boys and girls. It is exciting, fast moving, and interesting. One of the things I found interesting was the explanation of The Bat Lady who is Lizzy Sobek, the young girl who escaped from Auchwitz during WW II. I also found out about the Abeona Society, a group committed to "saving" young girls who are in a dangerous life situation. Mickey's mother and father were working for this society all around the world,  before moving to a town and settling down. It is here that Mickey makes a commitment to continue his Dad's work. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment